Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Papa Gets the Scoop...

Papa spent some time questioning Patrick about school and he got the scoop. WOW! He got more out of Patrick at one shot than we were able to get all week. We found out the following: he painted, worked with beads, made a necklace, swept the floor and used the dust pan, read books in the library, ate snack, played on the playground, sang songs (Hokey Pokey must be a big hit! He thinks it's hillarious that they sing "put you bums in..."), Mr. Bob comes in (had NO clue who he was til I asked today and found out he's the janitor), transferred those craft pom pom type things from one bowl to another with tongs, and I think that's about it. That was WAY more than Mike and I got out of him. We'll have to have Papa question him weekly to find out the scoop. He wouldn't tell me much today either. Although I did get his painting. It is BEAUTIFUL and he had to have me hang it on our bedroom door! Oh, found out what they had for snack and that he doesn't like celery. Guess snack is the important thing!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I'm laughing my ass off!
I'm just imagining Pop-o on the other line with his mouth hanging open smiling and saying,
"Uh-huh!"
"Wow!"
"what else?"
then hanging up and saying,
"I didn't understand (or couldn't hear) a word he said."

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

It was actually with Papa (Saniter) out in the pool. Although when Patrick does talk to Grandpa he rattles things off too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie!!

What an awesome website!!

I remember my brother was the same way, kinder through high school.

Me, mom or dad: "So how was school today."

Cisco in grade school: "ok"
Cisco in high schoo: "grunt"

Family: "What did you learn/do today?"
Cisco in grade school: "stuff"
Cisco in high schoo: "grunt"

Family: "Did you have fun?"
Cisco in grade school: "yeah"
Cisco in high schoo: "grunt"

and so on and so on. Now in the Army we get a few more words, but the grunt is still there!!!