Monday, May 08, 2006

Patrick's Dental Work

Patrick had to go to the dentist this morning for some work on his teeth. We had to be there at 7:30. He took the sedation medication about 7:40 or so. He did NOT want to give in to the meds. Guess no different than going to sleep on a normal basis. He became argumentative and "punchy." Guess it was a view of what he might be like drunk some day. He would have been willing to have a fist fight with me. He was swinging his arms and kicking. He was determined to NOT sit still. He kept trying to get out of the room and see what was going on out there. Finally at about 8:40 or so he was asleep for the most part and they put the monitors on. They took him back. I was not allowed to go with him. That is the part I really hated. So I sat in the waiting room and cropped photos. I had them check on him a couple of times. He was doing well. Finally at 10 he was all done and back in the little room. I now had to work out the payments and set up his 6 month appt. to follow up. Let's just say that his teeth better be GOLD! I went in and he was asleep. Tried talking to him and he'd make little noises but that was about it. Finally about 11:30 we got him to open his eyes and talk. They took his vitals and sent us on our way. So we left about 11:40am. Nothing like spending FOUR hours at the dentist office! Patrick is doing well. He's been drinking and wanting to eat EVERYTHING. Bad part is that he eats a little and then wants something else. Such is life I guess. Today he can get away with it. He is supposed to remain calm etc. We'll see how that goes. He's already been outside riding his trike when I wasn't looking. It could be a LONG day! Hopefully some videos will help.

2 comments:

Chet and Gini said...

Poor little guy - that's a traumtic thing to go through at his age. Hope he is feeling well now.

Mike and Annette said...

Poor Patrick, and poor Momma. These days can be tense. I hope you are both OK by now.