Sunday, July 23, 2006

Our 6th Anniversary


Mike and I were able to go away for our anniversary! My parents gave us an overnight stay at the Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountain. How nice that was. (Patrick stayed over at their house.) We arrived early and checked in. We wanted to see Pirates 2 so we headed to the AMC theatre at Desert Ridge. We were early so went over to The Yard House for chicken wings and beer (for Mike not me). They had SO many different beers on tap including Pabst Blue Ribbon. That one really made us laugh. Mike even asked when they last tapped that barrel! Glad I'm not a bartender there. Wouldn't want to have to change those barrels! We saw Pirates which was very good, but of course leaves you in suspense for the next one. Headed over to JW Marriott Desert Ridge for dinner. I had won a gift certificate for the Blue Sage restaurant entitling us to dinner for two. Nice anniversary treat. The meal was awesome. Mike had buffalo ribeye and I had bacon wrapped beef tenderloin. The meal was yummy. We headed back to the hotel where we checked out the pool and hot tub. This morning we had a fabulous breakfast buffet at the restaurnt downstairs. It was SO yummy, but boy were there a lot of carbs. We walked around to check out more of the hotel and then left for home. We really had a super time! It was a nice close get-away for us. What a neat treat!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my gosh I can't beleive you guys have been married that long! (Is that what you said?) I am glad you had a nice anniversary - eating a full meal at a resturant without interruption must have been heavenly! And you didn't need to leave an extra tip b/c of the mess. I guess Patrick is past that. We have a Yard House near us too, Terry loves all of those beer choices. I can't wait to see PIRATES! Congrats to you both :)

Chet and Gini said...

Congrats on your Anniversary. So important to get away with just you two - glad you got the chance. I think any meal I don't cook is wonderful - bet you do too!

Mike and Annette said...

Great picture! Who took it for you? I am so glad that you had the chance to get away for the weekend. It is so important and so very pleasant to spend time as a couple. Happy Anniversary!!

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

They had a complimentary valet service. Pretty nice to have your vehicle waiting with the air running when you walk out of the lobby. We asked one of the guys doing the valet to take the picture. He did do a pretty good job!

Katy said...

Best wishes for a continuing happy marriage!