Monday, February 18, 2008

Arizona Snow Bowl

We started out about 5AM on Sunday morning to head to SNOWBOWL. An attorney that works with Mike, Dominique, joined us. Mike wanted to take Patrick skiing. We arrived up at the mountain before 8AM. Patrick began his ski school around 9:30AM. They kept him until 3PM and fed him lunch and taught him some of the basics. The instructor was very pleased with him and indicated that he had "expert" on almost all skills on the report card. He said he'd do very well in school as he was very focused and got along well with the other kids. Patrick didn't want to give his ski boots back and was intent that he was skiing again on Monday! Mike and Dominique attended snow boarding school. Their school started right after Patrick, but they were done by noon. Aaron and I hung out in the lodge. The lodge wasn't quite what I had anticipated. It had lots of tables and chairs and there was a fireplace in the center, but there weren't really any windows to watch the skiers. Aaron took a couple naps on my lap while I FINALLY read some of my Harry Potter book. We also played with some of his toys and books and I made him a spot on the floor with a blanket to play. Mike and Dominique joined us for lunch and then we went to check out Patrick. After a little time in the cold and WIND Aaron and I retreated to the truck for awhile. After getting Patrick we hung out in the lodge until everyone was ready to go. All in all I guess everyone had a good time. Patrick can't wait to go again and wants to try snowboarding someday. Just ask him about his ski experience and I'm sure he'll give you an ear full!











Aaron is 10 Months Old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Job Patrick!!!

Love Aunt Linda

Mike and Annette said...

These pictures and videos bring back lovely memories of skiing with the kids many years ago. Looks like fun, but I think the skiing ship has sailed for me. Maybe next year Grandpa will come also. He keeps telling me how he could still ski. I will be in the Lodge keeping Angie company, or keeping Aaron company while Angie goes out.
So, Mike, what do you like better, snowboarding, or skiing???

Mike and Annette said...

I still have my hat with floppy ears too. In case you want to have two.

Dad