Saturday, April 05, 2008

Loverboy . . .


Last week, Angie had a little "girls" type party at the house. I was making myself scarce by doing such manly things as working in the garage and in the yard. One of Angie's friends has a little girl about Patrick's age and she came over to play with Patrick while the mom's had their party. Patrick and the little girl (whose name is being witheld to protect the innocent) have known each other since they were very little. They were behaving very well, not arguing and for some time were playing very quietly in the back yard. I moved from the garage to the back yard at one point and found the two of them sitting on top of the hot tub that was covered. I politely asked them what they were doing. Patrick's answer in the most non-chalant and innocent voice came out . ..

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...


"Kissing."


I immediately went inside and told Angie - "You need to go out there and deal with this one." As a dad I wasn't sure how to react. Part of me said "Oh brother." The other part had me thinking "That's my boy!" Finally, another part wanted to burst out laughing but I held back not sure what permanent psychological damage I could impose on these two 5 year olds by doing so.


6 comments:

Nicole said...

ok now that was funny.. I think I know who the other 5 year old was. Am I wrong?

Nicole

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

I think you probably have it right! :)

Chet and Gini said...

What a cute story - make sure you write this one down. But I'm curious - in all her wisdom, how did Angie handle it?

Katy said...

Id also like to know... I imagine she just told you to supervise them and ignored the kissing?

Anonymous said...

Patrick, Abreanna will be sad to hear you wre kissing another girl. :)
Just chuckling!!!!

Love you, Aunt Linda

Mike and Annette said...

Still smiling over this one! What a wonderful Patrick story! Cant wait to get back to Iowa and tell my friends. They are always asking me if I have a new Patrick story.